Holland & Sherry
Holland & Sherry Company was founded in London in the year 1836. Stefan George Holland and Frederick Sherry started a joint business to sell fabrics made of wool and silk. Exactly fifty years later they opened a store in the heart of the woolen cloth trade in London - in the Golden Square.In 1900, the company starts to expand channels of exports to other countries.
They opened offices in Paris, New York, St. Peters-burg. In 1982 the head office of Holland & Sherry moved to Savile Row, a street in central London, which is known to be the cradle of the world's elites in the art of tailoring. Among all the merchants in the Golden Square, who started the business in the 17th century only Holland &Sherry had survived. During the years of successful operation, they purchased about twenty other companies that sell fabrics made of wool.
The modern collection of Holland & Sherry consist of an excellent range of super-100 to super-200, fabrics made of combed smooth wool Merino sheep and mixes using rare and exotic natural fibres. Among the regular clients of Holland & Sherry there are some famous fashion designers, such as, Coco Chanel, Cristobal Balenciaga, Elsa Schiaparelli. The company has been supplying fabrics for the film industry and theater from Hollywood to the Moulin Rouge and the English National Opera.